Wednesday, April 23

Neighborhood discoveries...


Today was one of the most beautiful spring days yet. So I took advantage and walked down a few unexplored streets near my apartment. I discovered two amazing things...

First of all, Winston Churchill Square!


It's such a peaceful, little oasis in the middle of two very busy avenues, literally, right around the corner from my place, I had just never noticed it before. It has some gorgeous blooming tulips, but, as with any New York park, the smaller, the more potential for creepy people and gross trash. This one appeared to be well taken care of however, and within daylight hours, I would deem it safe. There was even a park employee there picking up trash and tending to the flowers. I can definitely see myself sitting on a bench reading a book for an hour or two.


My second find is VERY exciting, a brand new ice cream store right on the corner!! But not just ice cream, gelato. It's made right there in the store and they have a million flavors from Italian pistacio to Ecuadorian chocolate chip. I can't wait to give it a try.

No comments: