This past Sunday my friend Deb and I completed our half-marathon! We've been training for a few months, and were really excited to see if it was going to pay off. The course wrapped around Central Park then cut down to Times Square where there were all sorts of bands playing. We finished up the last four miles going South on the West Side Highway to end at Battery Park. 13.1 miles in all. My goal was to complete the race in 2:15:00, and ended up with a time of 2:04:42! A 9:31 split. I placed 5347 out of 10,506 runners - not too bad! Deb finished just three minutes behind me with her personal best! It really helped to have our friend Sarah, her boyfriend Russell, and of course, Alex, out there cheering for us. I can't wait for the next race!
Russell and Sarah

Alex trying on new sunglasses...he didn't buy them because he looks like the Terminator

2 comments:
Great job, Aunt Ha-Ha!
You are a very fast runner! I want to race you next time you are here! I love you!
Love- Gavin
congratulations hallie!!! that is so exciting - i'm so proud of you!!! wish i could have been there to cheer you on. :)
Post a Comment