Friday, June 27

Waterfalls and Brooklyn

We had such a great Friday today! We signed a big author on for two more books that will be narrative travelogues, that, if they're as good as the last two books he wrote, will be hilarious, informative, and lots of fun. I'm very excited that Becky and I get to work with him now, as his old editor has left the company.


So we got out of work at 1 (yay summer hours!) and took the train over to Brooklyn. We're pictured here at Grimaldi's, underneath the Brooklyn Bridge. It's labeled the "Best Pizza in New York," and it really is amazing. There's always a line outside no matter what time of day, and it's well worth the wait.


Next we walked over to the pier to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory to see the Waterfalls exhibit. If you remember hearing about the "Gates" art exhibit in Central Park a few years ago, this is a similar venture. The artist constructed four waterfalls along the East River, one of which you can see under the Brooklyn Bridge behind Rachel, Emily and I.


Then this is a view of the same waterfall, but from across the river, at the South Street Sea Port. We headed over there for a drink on the water and to see the other three waterfalls, which are all visible from this vantage point. We got there by walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, something I've wanted to do ever since I moved here. What an incredible structure! And beautiful views too.



No comments: