Sunday, September 13

Colorado Relay

Jillian and I in Frisco just before she sets out on her second run.

I just got back from Denver, Colorado where I completed a 174 mile relay race with a team of 9 other runners. We were a mix of coworkers, friends, strangers, boys and girls, and all had an awesome time running from Georgetown to Carbondale in 28 hours and 26 minutes. We each ran three legs of around 18 miles each starting at 5:30 am Friday morning and ending Saturday at 10:15 am. I ended up doing 22 miles - my longest distance yet. The scenery was gorgeous and everyone did so well. We're already planning to do it again next year!!

The team heading to the van after my last run. That's Jillian and the pink and me in the orange in the foreground.


At the end of my last run. It was five miles on a cattle road through a valley. The mountains were incredible, and made me forget about all the brutal hills I was running up!

Getting ready for my second leg of 11 miles along Highway 6. I started at 12:46 am after two hours sleep in the back of the van. I'm all decked out in reflective gear, waterbottles, and my headlamp. It was just me, the mountains, the stars and a dark, dark road.

Just about finished with my first leg of 6 miles. This one was at 10,000 feet! My lungs hurt for the first mile, but then it was okay and I ran a great time of 9 minute splits!


The team split up into two vans - runners 1-5 and 6-10 plus the two drivers. This was my van going left to right in the back: Tara, Paul, Alisa, Les, Me and Reid in the front.

Me on my first run with lungs about to burst!



1 comment:

Meredith said...

CONGRATULATIONS Hallie!!! :):)