Monday, July 14

Bachelorette Party/Bridal Shower

Ten years ago I did an exchange program to New Zealand. I was scared to death to go, but then I met Katie Gortz and I quickly forgot all about my fears. We bonded over an amazing experience, and stayed in great touch for a number of years. Then, somehow, we lost touch after a visit in Boston in 2004. I never thought I'd say this, but thanks to the power of Facebook - a service I was so hesitant to sign up for as it seemed only "kids" were using it - we reconnected a few months ago. I found out she's been living in Madrid for a few years now and is engaged to a Spaniard. What a coincidence! Luckily she was in the states for a few weeks at her house in Connecticut with her fiance, Ruben, and I was able to join her for her bachelorette party and her bridal shower. Ruben cooked up an amazing spread of Spanish tapas and we all made plans to meet up in Spain with Alex in tow over the coming year. I can't even express how wonderful it is to be back talking to my dear, dear friend! Thank you, Facebook.


2 comments:

Gavin said...

Love the dress! You look so cute!
I have reconnected with so many old friends on Facebook, too. It really is great!
Miss you!
Love - Becky

Anonymous said...

you do look quite cute in that picture!!

and...by the way...i can't believe it was 10 years ago. did you feel kinda old when you typed that? :)